The main Goals of the National Age Programme are:
Support coaches by adding value to their home programmes and to offer personal development opportunities
Support the athletes to continue to improve and to enjoy their swimming journey
Increase the number of athletes graduating to the Senior and Para High Performance Programmes with the appropriate skill set, speed, growth mindset and performance behaviours
New athletes may be added to the NAP later in the season (if there are places available) after each 4 month block / domestic cycle from performances achieved as follows:
Domestic Cycle 1 (May to August) from performances achieved at National SC Champs:
SNZ will liaise with coaches of any athletes who achieve significant performances o New intake to start in September (thus on the NAP from September to April)
Domestic Cycle 2 (September to December) from performances achieved at the Regional LC Champs or Australian State LC Champs:
Applications welcome from athletes who have achieved the NAP times
SNZ will liaise with coaches of any athletes who achieve significant performances o New intake to start in January (thus on the NAP from January to April)
How to Apply SNZ National Age Programme 2022-2023
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ!
1. Read the National Programme Information Booklet for Athletes & Parents.
2. Ensure check that you have achieved the at least one time from the 2022-2023 National Performance Standards
3. Click on the Passport document – this is your application and tracking document combined into one document
4. Download and save the Passport (eg. John Smith NAP 2022-2023) onto your computer and then complete all the green tabs
5. Your Passport / application must be endorsed by your coach
6. Email your completed Passport to Alastair Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and well done.
Coaches who wish to apply for the NAP activities need to complete the application form:
Download more information
Got any questions?